Baccarat is an exciting card game played in Mines Games Casino

Baccarat is an exciting card game played in Mines Games Casino

Baccarat is an exciting card game played at land-based and online casinos. For years, only aristocrats could play this game. Nowadays, almost every web-based casino offers different variations of baccarat. It is a quite popular game among players who are looking for a James Bond-style casino experience.

Baccarat is based on two hands called the Player and the Banker. Each of the hands consists of 2 cards. A third card might be dealt due to the special baccarat drawing rules also known as the “tableau”. Players have to accurately predict which hand will total closest to 9. Cards from 2 to 9 are worth their face value, while Aces are worth 1 point. The 10’s and the picture cards have no value. The main baccarat bets include the Player, the Banker, and a tie.

The house edge varies between the different bet types. The Banker bet features a house edge of 1.06%, while the house edge associated with bets on the Player is 1.36%. The casino applies a 5% commission to winning bets on the Banker as it is the most advantageous bet. Its advantage comes from the fact that the Banker’s hand is the last to complete. While on the subject, we would like to mention not some baccarat variations does not levy a commission. However, there are other rules in place to compensate for it. The Tie bet comes with the highest house edge that amounts to the staggering 14.40%.

The Banker’s hand pays 0.95:1 (1:1 minus the 5% commission), the Player’s hand offers a 1:1 payout, while the Tie bet has a payout of 8:1. Despite its huge payout, players are advised to avoid the Tie bet due to its massive house edge and low winning odds. The probability of the Banker hand winning is 45.86%, bets on the Player’s hand have 44.62% winning chances, while bets on a Tie come with 9.52% odds of a win.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *