Casino Mines Games Easy Win Main Takeaway points for Blackjack side bets
- Side bets are optional wagers players can make at the start of a round.
2. Side bets return substantially higher payouts than winning hands in the main game.
3. Players must wager on the main game before they can make side bets.
4. The dealer settles winning side bets before players act on their hands.
Blackjack Players Love Side Bets, Here Is Why
SIDE BETS EXCITE THE INTEREST OF BLACKJACK PLAYERS FOR SEVERAL REASONS
- They cost little to make.
2. They can potentially yield rather appetizing payouts.
3. They do not require any skill or decision-making.
Side bets are quite inexpensive to make, although the limits generally vary based on the game you play. Side betting in most blackjack variants released by Felt Gaming starts at ¢0,10, while the maximum reaches $250. By means of comparison, All Bets Blackjack by Playtech has a less flexible betting range with a $100 ceiling on side wagers.
Despite their low minimums, side bets can quickly drain your bankroll if you post them consistently. We recommend you experiment with them in moderation because of their lower win rates and higher house edges.
High payouts are the main attraction when it comes to side bets. The most you can win in the main game is a payout of 3 to 2 when you are dealt a blackjack, although few variants pay better at odds of 2 to 1. All other winning hands in the main game return even-money payouts.
By contrast, side bets offer significantly higher rewards, giving you the chance to win as much as 1,000 times your bet in some cases. On the downside, the casino advantage increases significantly with side bets and rarely drops below 4%. Some of these additional betting options carry house edges as high as 11%.
Finally, the vast majority of side bets require little to no involvement on behalf of players. No skill is involved for the most part since winning or losing both come down to sheer chance. All players must do is decide how much money they want to put at stake and then post the corresponding amount in chips on the layout.